Even the tidiest of homes can house unwanted germs, sometimes in the places you’d least expect. While deep cleaning might sound like a big chore, we’ll break it down room by room — from your couch to the kitchen counter, and bedsheets to bathroom rubbish bins — so that you can tackle your deep clean efficiently and effectively.
The kitchen might be where your family comes together, but what areas should we focus on when deep cleaning our kitchen?
- Use Pine O Cleen Multipurpose Spray or Pine O Cleen Disinfectant Wipes to help clean the sink and surrounding surfaces. When used as directed, both products kill 99.9% of bacteria* and viruses^.
- To deep clean your fridge, wipe down the shelves using a disinfectant cleaner#. This is a good time to throw away any food that has gone bad.
- The rubbish bin is an obvious hotbed for germs and odour-causing bacteria. Disinfect your rubbish bin with Pine O Cleen Multipurpose Spray each time you take the garbage out.
- As well as using separate chopping boards for raw and cooked foods, you should always disinfect non-porous food prep surfaces with a clean cloth and wash with water after using a disinfectant product#.
*Spray: E.coli, Salmonella and Wipes: E.coli, Salmonella, S.aureus, Ps.aeruginosa
^Spray: Influenza A (H1N1) Virus, Rhinovirus, Poliovirus, Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 and Wipes: Influenza A (H1N1) Virus, Covid-19 Virus, Rhinovirus, Poliovirus, Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1
#Clean all food contact surfaces with potable water after use
Warm and damp conditions are a suitable environment in which germs may breed. Consider these tips for keeping your bathroom hygienically clean for your family.
- Kill germs on high touch surfaces — toilet flush, taps, bathroom doors, trash cans — with a Pine O Cleen Disinfectant Wipe
- Showers, bathtubs and counters should be scrubbed clean with a disinfectant cleaner.
- Bathmats and towels are breeding grounds for bacteria. Hang your towels up to dry when you’re done using them and wash them with Pine O Cleen Laundry Sanitiser.
The Living Room
Light switches, TV remotes, and other electronics you have laying around the living room can pick up germs. Plus, dust and allergens can build up over time, especially if you have pets. When deep cleaning your living room include:
- Vacuum carpets, as these can hide a lot of dust.
- Wood or hard floors should be cleaned with an all-purpose cleaner.**
- Use a detachable, machine-washable cover and add Pine O Cleen Laundry Sanitiser to your wash.
- Use Pine O Cleen Disinfectant Wipes to wipe down high touch surfaces like TV remotes, and game controllers.
**Use as directed
Soft furnishings mean that your bedroom can host lots of bacteria as well as being a haven for dust and allergens, so take note of the following:
- Wash your bed linen regularly with Pine O Cleen Laundry Sanitiser in your wash to remove 99.9% of bacteria^^.
- Keep the bedroom a pet-free zone to help prevent the build-up of dander and pet hair which can aggravate allergies.
- Wipe hard surfaces such as shelves and window sills with Pine O Cleen Disinfectant Wipes.
- For children’s bedrooms try to choose machine-washable soft toys to clean them more easily.^^^
^^ E. coli, S. aureus
^^^Wash toys with potable water after use for children over 12 months
Wasn’t that fun?
We get that it was a bit of work, but the truth is, a deep clean doesn’t need to happen every day, but you should try to make it a regular thing. There are places that could be housing germs you may not have thought of before. Give yourself a little peace of mind knowing you’ve taken a big step to help protect your loved ones from the spread of germs.